2018-2019 Ducketts will have Lagotto with high levels of completed truffling training passage, with pairing planned for future litters from experienced truffle hunter sires and/or dams. Puppies will be available with Applications and Reserve Deposit placed on our “Litter Boards” as applications/deposits are received and approved. Older trained Lagotto will also be offered to approved Applicants when available – APPLY EARLY
Ducketts will be offering older premium Lagotto, as well as puppies, for early spring 2018. Reserve Early!!
We extend our Congratulations to all owners of Lagotto from Duckett’s Lagotto Romagnolo of Canada LRC.- Welcome to our Lagotto Family! 2017 Lagotto puppies have all been placed in forever loving homes in therapy, service, companion, scent to search and show.
Phone or Fax 1-250-586-5133
Email Duckett Truffieres
September 9, 2009
We submitted some of our truffles to UBC Okanagan for DNA sequencing and are please and proud to have received absolute confirmation that the “…DNA test 090904B Duckett_Results_Summary on three … samples, providing a high degree of confidence in species identification…” and verifying:
“Sample #1-2008- Tuber melanosporum; 100% identity over 571bp
Sample #2-2009- Tuber melanosporum; 100% identity over 551bp
Sample #3-2009- Tuber melanosporum; 100% identity over 240bp”
Our work to grow black Perigord truffles (T.melanosporum) in Canda has been proven successful. We continue to document seasonal changes and resulting harvests.
Duckett Truffieres have pioneered all aspects of black Perigord truffle production in Canada. Media attention attests to the importance of these achievements in Canadian agriculture and the enormous potential for this beginning industry in Canada. Some of the Media outlets who have reported on Duckett Truffieres and trufficulture in BC include:
- Lagotto Romagnolo of Canada LRC (Duckett Truffieres) were highlighted again in the Canadian Dogs Annual for the 5th Year – 2017+2018
- The Beacon Magazine, June 2011 edition, article “Trail Blazing Couple Farms Canadian ‘Black Diamonds'”
- Black Press – West Coast Farmer March 2010 front page banner and feature article May 2010 – vol 1 issue 3
- Vancouver Sun November 2009 article “Truffles Could Help Island Farms Smell Profits”
- Victoria Times-Colonist November 2009 article “Black Gold Harvest Soon”
- Canada.com network November 2009 article “Truffle Farm Aims to Satisfy Local Island Customers First”
- Parksville-Qualicum Beach News – Feature article May 29, 2009
- A-Channel “Island Proud”
- CanWest Publishing Inc has published articles in several of their larger market papers including the Victoria Times Colonist, The Vancouver Sun, The Edmonton Journal (article link unavailable) and others. These articles have also been noted in several culinary blogs.
- Country Life in BC, May 2008
- Western Living Magazine (article link n/a), Transcontinental Media. 2008
- CTV British Columbia article and video July 11, 2008
- CBC Radio Sounds Like Canada Monday September 22nd, 2008
- “Modern Dog” magazine Fall 2008 “Hunt for Truffles.”